Ah, Sunday. Not to be followed by fun day. You see, I'm avoiding changing into my cycling gear and entering the pain cave to sweat and pant my way through the bike workout I should have done yesterday when I opted to snowshoe instead. I'm ignoring the growing pile of laundry (I go through a lot of workout clothing in mere days!) and the to-do list I wanted to tackle. Nah, I'll save that for Monday. Instead I'm doing the usual: puttering around online. Here's what I'm reading:
- Kids aren't the only ones saying the "darnedest" things. Videos following the theme of "S*&t insert-group-here say" have gone viral, but I got a chuckle--and a chance to blush with embarrassment--when I read this list that applies to triathletes. How many have you heard yourself, or your friends, utter on more than one occasion?
- Have you ever found yourself absolutely hating a yoga class? It's not the instructor or the music that's always to blame: your expectations could be stuck in the wrong style.
- You don't have to be a mama to benefit from the Fit-Bottomed Mamas 20-minute workout. Its 12 moves will challenge even the fiercest competitor.
- New year, new workout gear? Check out these DailyCandy picks to upgrade your collection.
- This Chicago event could be the toughest 15-minute workout I'll do all winter. The view from the top is totally worth it, it's the getting there that scares my calves. Anyone want to join me?
- Muscle mass might be on the down and out as we age, but exercise, triathlon especially, could be responsible for lean muscle preservation--even when you're 74. Here's to hoping my body can hold out that long.