- Professional triathletes have bad days too. Just read about Joanna Zeiger's recent race--it'll make you laugh, especially if you've had some of her thoughts while out on the race course like me.
- When you train, train, train, sometimes you just need to tell yourself to slow down and take some time off. Relief set in for me when I stumbled upon this off season report.
- Happy race reports? Don't worry this isn't all depressing. You'll find greener pastures if you read this pro report from Ironman Lake Placid or this Steelhead 70.3 age-grouper report.
- The triathlon season might feel like it's winding to a close but if you're like most of us, you've probably avoided buying most of the gear essentials until now. Check out the must-haves to buy courtesy of Fleet Feet Sports Chicago, whose owner Dave Zimmer was up early Sunday morning to give WGN the low-down.
- Free running advice from elites and their coaches? Yes way! You have to watch Terrence Mahon's, who coaches Ryan Hall, Deena Kastor and Josh Cox to name a few, drills for strengthening your run. Brought to you by Nissan's Master the Shift, there's a collection of tips along the right sidebar.
- Why am I wasting the day away indoors? With no clouds in the sky, the sun in full force, and the temps finally cooling to a more bearable level, I should be outside. I need more days like today, please cooperate weather!
Monday, August 16, 2010
The Daily Feed: Sites We're Searching 8/16
It's only Monday, but I'm already looking forward to next weekend to redeem myself on the bike. Let's just say that Saturday was a struggle and not just because of those darn roads. I wallowed in self pity for a while but know that's not going to get me anywhere. And when cruising around on some of my favorite sites, and finding a few new favorites, it turns out I'm not the only one who's been struggling. Here's what's been catching my eye--the good, the bad and the feel-betters: