So what's 12/12/12 going to bring? As far as I can tell, it's shaping up to be a very fit-minded day.
- Revolution Spin. This Evanston, Ill., spinning studio is offering a free holiday spin at 7:15 p.m. To participate you need to hope there's still space available and bring a toy for the Comer Children's Hospital Toy Drive.
- Equinox. The four Chicago Equinox locations are opening their doors to the public for all-day access on 12/12/12. The de-stress open house means that anyone can stop by to work out, try an invigorating class on the group fitness schedule, stretch out in a yoga class, and enjoy snacks from Kind Bar and Vitacoco. I'm getting my sweat on at Shockwave--beats working through lunch staring at my computer screen!
- Rock 'n' Roll Race Series. Add some of Rock 'n' Roll tour stops to your 2013 running calendar and save money, too. Register between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. PST on 12/12/12 and you'll save $20 on the registration fee ($12 if you want to run RnR New York, 5 euro if you want to run an international race).
- Power of Your Om. Get your yoga on at this Santa Barbara studio that's offering four free classes from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Make that 4:12 p.m. to 8:12 p.m. to stick with the 12/12/12 theme. For every person who takes class, lululemon will donate $10 to the Organic Soup Kitchen.
- Golden Legs Racing. Based out of Mundelein, Ill., runners will depart this store at 12:12 p.m. to log 12 miles.
- Crested Butte. Lift tickets for $12? It sounds too good to be true, but it's 100 percent happening at Crested Butte Mountain Resort where guests can ski from 12:30 p.m. to close for $12.
- Bike MS. Today's the day to register for this two-day, 150-mile cycling event that benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society because you only have to pay $12. Sure, you still have to fundraise but at least the money that you'd have to put toward registration can now go toward your fundraising goal and helping people living with the disease. One catch: I learned about this deal from a friend and don't know if the $12 deal applies to all 100 cycling events or only the Illinois one.
Know any other fit deals or events happening today? We'd love to hear them and maybe take advantage of them. It is, after all, the last time we'll be seeing a repetitive date in our lifetime. Time to make the most of it!