|A little online browsing. Credit: n8kowald|
- Usain Bolt is fast, proven by his repeat gold medal win in the 100m dash. As he gears up to repeat his 200m win, a feat that would make him the fastest sprinter, Equinox takes a look at what makes him so fast.
- Last week it was all about what Michael Phelps was doing in the pool. This week People may have had a little too much fun digging up the budding relationship between him and Megan Rossee on Twitter.
- I'm totally intrigued by the Science of the Games section at nbcolympics.com. How do Oscar Pistorius's blades work? What makes Missy Franklin fly through the water? What's up with Usain Bolt's biomechanics?
- Thanks Barre Bee Fit for sharing this Cooking Light recipe. That salad needs to go in my tummy...now!
- Congratulations to Allyson Felix for grabbing her gold! Sports Illustrated takes a look at the 200m race.
- I finally read more in The Washington Post about the women's marathon race last Sunday and what happened to that lead that Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher held. I feel for Kara: running with calf pain is awful.
- Lake Michigan: good for sailing, swimming, kayaking and SUP-ing. Ready to take your stand-up paddleboarding to a new level? Try competing in this four-person relay on Saturday--or come out and watch me and the media team test our luck.
- I've been searching but I can't find this Today Show link. Jenna Bush Hager finished her Today segment with a goof--I swear she said Ashton Easton instead of Ashton Eaton. The only problem is I can't find the video.
Photo grabbed from n8kowald at flickr.