|Links anyone? Credit: chispita_666|
OK, here's the deal. Chicago is hosting golf's Ryder Cup from September 25 to September 30 at Medinah Country Club. At first glance you're likely thinking, "This has nothing to do with fitness." But it does, thanks to a program that Equinox created in anticipation of the the team tourney. Last Wednesday, the club's Loop location offered its first of five golf sessions with Tier 4 trainer Darren Tyda. Excuse the late notice, but the only things missed last week were the introduction to golf fitness and assessments.
GOLFIT by Equinox is a 5-part program that was designed to help you improve your golf game. Held on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m., you'll perfect your swing, increase your flexibility, and improve your power and mobility. Then Robbie Gould will be at the final session where you can use what you learned to analyze his swing just like the pros would. Keep reading to learn more about each session--and so you know which ones you want to clear your schedule for (you can attend as many or as few as you wish).
- September 19, Meet the Program. This introduction to fitness for golf will include self-assessments where you'll learn what needs work.
- September 26, Practice Makes Perfect. Increase your hip flexibility which provides for an efficient and powerful swing.
- October 3, Driving Range. Improve your swing by relieving spinal tension and increasing spin mobility.
- October 10, Tee Mobile. Learn how to counteract the daily activities that place tension on your shoulders and posture (ahem, sitting at a desk or lugging a heavy bag around)
- October 15, In Full Swing. Here's where all the pieces come together from the previous weeks. And Robbie Gould will be there.
Photo grabbed from chispita_666 at flickr.